The Best Textiles Exhibition in Europe
Opening times: 10.00am to 5.30pm (closes 5.00pm Sunday).
The Knitting and Stitching Shows are the definitive and best exhibitions for lovers of textiles in the UK and Ireland. As the name suggests, it covers knitting and stitching but SO much more; felt-making, shibori dyeing, jewellery-making, card-making, mixed media... the list goes on! There is so much to see and do you'll find it hard to fit everything into one day; hundreds of exhibitors selling specialist supplies that you can't find in the shops, galleries from leading artists and groups, plus hundreds of workshops to introduce you to lots of new subjects!Click here to download a list of the companies exhibiting at the show in Harrogate International Centre.Click here to book your place on a workshop in the Learning Curve.
Advance bookings for workshops in Harrogate cease at 1pm on Friday 13th November, but please go to the Registration Desk in Hall E to check availability at the show. Click Features
for the list of artists appearing this year. The Savings Book Scheme:
Anyone who buys a ticket in advance of the show will be sent a special Savings Book containing ten vouchers, to be used on participating stands at the show. You could save the cost of your ticket! (one book per order).
For a list of participating companies, click here.NEW this year: The Swishing Studio
Presented by Sewing World Magazine and Brother
Swishing - the free exchange of quality clothes between friends is fast becoming the most fun and ethical way to keep up with the fashion seasons.
We invite you to The Knitting and Stitching Shows very own Swishing Salon at the London and Harrogate shows and ask you to bring along your good quality
unwanted clothing and accessories to exchange with other creative people!
Alongside the swishing there will be a strong 'make do and mend' theme with experts to inspire you with techniques for embellishing your own clothing. Plus Sissy Rooney's Street Style Surgery will be with us on the Thursday and Friday with great ideas for customizing your very own garment!
How to swish:
· Clothing and accessories can be shop bought or homemade but must be good quality and laundered
· Suitable swishing items include clothes, shoes, bags, scarves, belts and hats
· We will take in items in the morning between 10am and 12pm
· Swishing exchange will begin at 1pm and those wanting to buy can do so from 3pm
· Bring up to 5 items to exchange for the same number
· Swishing costs £5 and all proceeds will be donated to Bliss, the special care baby charity that support premature and sick babies and their families
· Under 18s can swish for free!
· If you don't have anything to swap, you can still take part, but you will have to pay £15 and can select up to 2 items to take home.
If you plan to visit in 2010, our official tour operator, Virgin Vacations
, is offering
several tours from North America to the UK to include The Knitting and Stitching Show in London.
Or for further information phone 877-700-7005 (ext 3), email TwistedThread@virginvacations.com
Our thanks to Coats Crafts UK for their kind support of the Learning Curve workshops.
You can find their products at www.coatscrafts.co.uk